INTERIOR BASICS Module One
10 Tuesday Evenings 6:30pm-9:00pm + 1 Saturday workshop 10.00am-4.00pm
4 October - 13 December 2022
10 Thursday Evenings 6:30pm-9:00pm + 1 Saturday workshop 10.00am-4.00pm
6 October - 15 December 2022
Cost: £750.00 (incl of current vat)
Learning takes place through a structured timetable of informal talks, group discussion and practical tasks. The course content centres around the interior design of a garden room project – an existing, prefabricated, architect designed ‘Eco Space’. Students are given a skeleton brief for the work space of a creative practitioner as a starting point.
By experiencing the combined teaching methods of lectures and practical studio work, the student will gain a basic understanding of:
- To develop a stimulating and realistic design brief, analysing the practical and style requirements of a given client.
- To express the design concept through an image board.
- To read, measure and draw plans and elevations to scale.
- To design and space plan at a scale of 1.20.
- To appreciate the fundamentals of colour theory and its practical application.
- To develop a materials palette as an expression of colour.
- To research and source appropriate furniture, lighting and fixtures.
- To begin to analyse the environmental impact of design decisions.
- To compose and present verbally and visually, a finished project.
This is the first step towards gaining The Professional Certificate in Interior Design and a necessary requirement before applying for Modules Two, Three and Four.